Friday, January 23, 2009

Holyfield makes yet another comeback!


Evander Holyfield has once again, vowed to make a comeback. Even though he has lost his last few fights, Holyfield is very determined to win a title. He has recently set-up bouts against the Youth Boxing League of Georgia. Here he will face teens between the ages of 15-16.

“I am almost certain this comeback won’t fail,” said Holyfield today. “Most of these kids weigh around 140 or 150. I am 235. They look like weaklings to me.”

Justin Jones, age 15, who weighs 141, seemed scared. “I can’t believe they are letting Holyfield compete against us. He was a former heavy weight champion. He outweighs me by nearly 100 pounds. Sure I am 37 and 2 as a fighter, but that is against youth my own age.”

Since hearing the news of Holyfield’s comeback, 27 out of the 52 fighters have quit the Georgia Youth Boxing League. Linda Myers, mother of a boxer said she made her son quit. “When I heard the news I made Jimmy quit. My son is above average against kids his own age, less trying to take on a former champion of the pros. I would like to see my son graduate high school at least.”

After hearing the press release today, a rumor is now going around that has been boxer, Mike Tyson, may also make a comeback. Sporting News and Stories will update you once this rumor is confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment