Wednesday, January 21, 2009

White Half-Back to finally play on the College in Level in nearly 20 years


Iowa Tech is doing something no major college has done in nearly 20 years; they will be starting a white half-back next season. White half-backs are something rare and in most cases, ancient history.

“It’s gonna be ground breaking,” said Dusty Coffman, Iowa Tech’s head coach. “I can’t remember the last time I watched a NCAA or NFL game and saw a white man at the half-back position. I believe the last time I saw a white starting at half-back was John Riggins back in the early 1980s and look at how great he was. We are hoping we can have the same success.”

Tyler Davis, a junior, is proud to be the first white half-back in nearly 20 years. “They say we can’t play basketball. Tell that to two-time MVP Steve Nash. And oh yeah, the heavy weight champion of boxing is some Russian dude. People can say what they want about me. I run a 4.46 and can bench 315. I am here to prove all the critics wrong that a white man can play half-back on the college level in the year 2009.”

The staff here at Sporting News and Stories asked around to see what college level coaches thought about a white man playing half-back. The feedback was not in the favor of Davis.

Penn State head coach Joe Paterno laughed when hearing a white would start at half-back. “That’s a good one. I’ve been coaching for nearly 50 years. A white running back? Maybe a full-back or something. I could see a walk on being white but a starter? Man that team must suck in football to even consider starting a white half-back.”

NFL great and hall of fame half-back Barry Sanders cried in laughter when hearing the news. “Aren’t white guys normally the QBs or offensive line? I played three years of college ball and spent 10 years in the NFL. I never once saw a white boy play half-back. I think this program just wants the attention of being dumb enough to start a white at half-back.”

Iowa Tech finished last season 1-11 and have only won 4 games the past three seasons. “I won’t lie. I will try anything to help this program get better,” stated Coffman. “I am just sick of losing. If it means being the laughing stock of the NCAA so be it. If we can just win games I will gladly take being the punch-line of jokes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment